Sunday, December 13, 2020

Back in action in 2020

How long has it been? 

Too long.

Here I am again, in the 9th edition, trying to get back into the game. I feel like an old timer trying to compete with the younger and more energetic players but even old dogs can learn new tricks.

Got in touch with the local community and decided to bring out the old guards for a local friendly tournament. Not being familiar with the new rules got me trashed at first round and even in a friendly match subsequently but bring some old vintage and painted models won me some compliments. I'm glad I'm adding some variety on the table too as there aren't many guard players around here.

Or should I say Astra Militarum. What a mouthful. Bah. Still Imperial Guards for me!

Anyhow, I played Pask with an armored company and squeezed in 5 tanks in a Battalion Detachment. I kind of configured it more towards anti-MEQ but seems to have fallen hard against an Ork army. Need to revisit my list again and take infantry command more seriously. I thought I could do it all with the Cadian Doctrine, but there's much more to be done for the Stratagem and tactics to work together. 

Here are some pictures of yesterday's match.









No comments:

Post a Comment